Problems Previewing Reports
Reports will print but not display when I select “preview” mode
- Check that you have the Microsoft preview program “Snapviewer” installed on your PC.
- It is typically found in the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Snapshot Viewer. It is usually installed as part of the Windows 2000 or later installation.
- If Snapviewer is not installed then it can be downloaded and installed free here .
- Click on the link, save the file on your PC and then run the install program to install snapshot viewer on the PC.
- If Snapviewer is installed then check that you have at least one printer listed as the default printer for your computer. (go to the Windows Start Icon on the status bar and, select Settings, Printers). Select a default printer then try preview again.
- If you are receiving a message about the OLE server then uninstall and reinstall SCOPE to reconfigure SnapshotViewer.
I want to e-mail the Snapshot preview reports to someone that does not have SCOPE.
- If Snapviewer is not installed on the target PC then it can be downloaded and installed free here
- Click on the link, save the file on the target PC and then run the install program to install snapshot viewer on the PC.
- Click on the .SNP files and they can be previewed, printed and saved.
How can I save my Snapshot preview reports?
When you preview a report in Snapviewer the report is saved under your personal directory in
C:\Documents and Settings\. If you select the same Report Name a second time in SCOPE it will save over the first version.
How can I save my Snapshot preview reports with a different name?
If you want to save the report with a unique name then select to ‘Send’ from SnapViewer (Select from the Top menu in the previewed report [File] [Send]) Then select the attached Snapshot file and right click with the mouse button. Select "Save as" option and save the file in your selected directory. Alternatively note the file name at the top of the Snap viewer screen. Close Snapviewer and using Explored locate and highlight the .snp file under the ‘My Documents’ directory and rename it using Explorer (right click - Rename)
How can I save my Snapshot preview reports with a different name in my own directory?
If you want to save the file in another directory you can select to ‘Send’ from SnapViewer (Select from the Top menu in the previewed report [File] [Send]). The Microsoft Outlook Window will display, with the Report File as an attachment. With RHS mouse button Click on the attached report file and select to “save as” from the drop down menu. You can save to a selected directory and new file name.
How can I e-mail my Snapshot preview reports?
If you want to e-mail the Snapshot report to yourself or someone else then you can select to ‘Send’ from SnapViewer (Select from the Top menu in the previewed report [File] [Send]). The Microsoft Outlook Window will display, with the Report File as an attachment. Choose the contact name to send to and type in your text in the e-mail and send.
How can I change the zoom display of the previewed reports?
Use the RHS mouse button and right click on the window where the report is displayed. Select Zoom and the percentage display option.
Sometimes I select the same report a second time and the original version displays. What am I doing wrong?
Both files will have the same report name. SnapViewer retains the original report file in view mode. Close the report down in SnapViewer prior to selecting a second report with the same name.Need more Information? Contact SCOPE Support